Fresh Raspberry Muffins - Keto Recipe

These Fresh Raspberry Muffins are bursting with fresh sweet raspberries and have just enough of that almond aroma come through to entice your family to the breakfast table! They are sweet, tender, and delicious. Everything you want in a muffin! It is also Keto friendly at only 1 net carbs per muffin!

Perfect for Breakfast, Dessert, or just as a snack, these muffins will help satisfy your cravings for something sweet and keep you aligned with your macro requirements for the day.

Fresh Raspberry Muffins cut in half and on a plate.

Grumpy absolutely loves raspberries. About the way I love blueberries. Since being on the Keto diet, I haven’t had much fruit in the house. As a matter of fact, the only fruit I’ve had in this house lately are raspberries.

batter in muffin pan

Doing my research for baking Raspberry Muffins

Since I had little practice with baking since I started the diet, before making this particular recipe, I did a little bit of research on substituting flours. I knew that would probably be my biggest deterrent!

Cooling on rack

Types of flours used in keto baking

Two of the most common flours used in Keto baking are almond flour and coconut flour. There are several other keto friendly ingredients that you can bake with, but for my first time, I did not want to be too complicated.

• Almond Flour – this flour has no binding agents. It is mostly fat, so when baking with it, you want to watch how much and what type of fat you may be using with it in your recipe.
  • Coconut Flour – when using coconut flour, you will want to have a larger volume of wet ingredients. I found that it “swells” when liquid is added to it and it acts like a thickening agent.
up close image of inside of muffin

What Sweeteners can you use in Keto Baking?

• Erythritol (I use the Swerve brand)
  • Stevia
  • Monkfruit

For the sugar, I opted for granulated Swerve brand (Erythritol). It is the one I felt most comfortable with using for my first recipe, not to mention, it is the one I have worked with the most. Swerve is an approved sweetener for the Keto diet and it has no effect on blood sugar. I have since used Monkfruit sweetenter also and have great results with that product.

Baked Raspberry Muffin Cut in half

I hope you will enjoy these Raspberry Muffins as my first baking experiment on Keto! If your into a more traditional cinnamon flavored muffin, this recipe for Keto Cinnamon Collagen Muffins is a great choice!

Cut Raspberry Muffin sitting on a plate
Yield: 12 muffins

Fresh Raspberry Muffins

Tender, delicious and full of fresh raspberries, these muffins make a great breakfast, snack, or even dessert!

• 1 cup Almond Flour
  • 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
  • 2/3 cup erythritol
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp almond extract

1. In large mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, swerve, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  2. In large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter for about 45 seconds, until just about all melted. Whisk in heavy cream, water, eggs, and almond extract.
  3. Stir egg mixture into almond flour mixture and whisk well until combined. Gently fold in 1 cup of fresh raspberries.
  4. Place paper liners in muffin tin. Scoop about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Notes

Fat 8g. Protein 3g, Carbs 3g, NetCarbs 1g, Fiber 2g

Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

Almond flour has more fat than regular flour, which can cause your recipe to burn quicker. For this reason, I have lowered my oven temperature to 325 for this recipe. I used a silicone muffin pan with paper lines, however, I made 1 muffin without the liner and found that I probably didn't need the liners at all. What I may try differently when making this recipe again is I may raise the heat to 350 if using a silicone liner and reduce the baking time.

Recommended Products

As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 muffin

Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 63mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 3g

Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

1. Claudia Lamascolo March 11, 2018 at 11:00 am - Reply

these have to be about the best Keto muffins I ever laid eyes on!

• Shelby March 11, 2018 at 5:24 pm - Reply

I was pretty proud of this being it was my first baked recipe of my own 🙂 thanks Claudia!

2. Cindy May 1, 2018 at 8:51 am - Reply

This is our favorite keto recipe so far. (And I’ve made a bunch of stuff!). I’ve made it with fresh and frozen raspberries. Fresh are best. Have also used fresh blackberries. Good but like raspberries better. I’ve also used these for dessert with a few more fresh berries piled on and topped with whipping cream. I’m sure this would work with strawberries as well. We LOVE that these are only one net carb. They’re filling and such a fun breakfast choice. Thank you!!!!

• Shelby May 1, 2018 at 7:25 pm - Reply

Hi Cindy! Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know. I’m so happy you enjoy this recipe! Now I have to make them again 🙂

3. Angel June 1, 2018 at 9:57 pm - Reply

5-star recipe!

This has to be the best muffin recipe in the history of the planet! I’ve had people think they weren’t Keto because they’re so good. Thanks for this recipe! My first muffin making attempts was a dense, tasteless creation. Almost made me think I couldn’t do Keto until I tried this one.

Within the space of 3 days, I made 36 if these wonders.

Question: I’ve had a request for a peanut butter muffin (which just so happens to be what I tried in the beginning). I’m wondering if you think this recipe can be adapted to make one? And, if so, how would you suggest I do that?

BTW, I’m thinking of trying to turn this into a cake.

• Shelby June 2, 2018 at 8:20 am - Reply

Yay! So glad you loved these! I actually have a raspberry coffee cake recipe on the blog. I served the coffee cake at a jewelry party I had to non-keto friends and they gobbled it right up! Go ahead and give that one a try if you like.

I’m not sure about the peanut butter in this particular muffin recipe. I will see if there is something I can do to create one! Its about muffin time here anyway! Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know! 🙂

• Angel June 20, 2018 at 11:27 pm - Reply

I’ll try your cake recipe. Took this one and didn’t add the raspberries or almond. Instead, I made a cinnamon Mud with 3 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of Surkin Gold, and 2 tablespoons of water. I mixed it separately then folded it in, found a recipe for glaze to put on top. Could do just 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. It was so good!

• Shelby June 21, 2018 at 7:08 am - Reply

That is awesome! I love that you could take this recipe and make one of your own! Thank you for sharing 🙂

4. danielle wolter June 4, 2018 at 6:39 am - Reply

I do love raspberry muffins. I haven’t really cooked Keto before (I’m not a dieter), but these sound delicious!

5. I love reading about your recipe testing. Good for you to try it out! Enjoy the muffins.

6. Dannii June 4, 2018 at 7:12 am - Reply

What a lovely summer treat and they look really easy to make too.

7. Linda Nortje June 4, 2018 at 7:13 am - Reply

I have to check out the Swerve ! These raspberry muffins would be so good with morning tea !

8. Sonal June 4, 2018 at 7:18 am - Reply

Wow this is awesome, Shelby! Keto diet is making waves lately and this is an amazing recipe using coconut flour. Raspberries must have added an amazing flavor to these.

9. Demeter June 4, 2018 at 8:07 am - Reply

These look amazing…definitely get motivation to jump out of bed in the morning. Perfect for summer!

10. Wilhelmina Wessel June 8, 2018 at 7:43 am - Reply

Totally yummy!

11. Liz Della Croce June 8, 2018 at 10:01 am - Reply

Perfect for grab and go breakfast!

12. Kendall July 15, 2018 at 9:35 am - Reply

Made these yesterday and they are delicious! Do you have the nutritional facts for them? I’m tracking my macros for Keto and know you said only 1 carb, but I’m wondering what the Fat and Protein count are.

Next I’m going to try your Coffee Cake recipe!

• Shelby July 16, 2018 at 4:50 am - Reply

Hi Kendall! Thanks for stoping by and letting me know! I added the nutrition facts in the recipe card but in response here, the fat is 8g and protein is 3g. I hope you enjoy the coffee cake also!

13. 15 Keto Muffins – Ketosis Revival October 10, 2018 at 4:31 am - Reply

[…] #7 Fresh Raspberry Muffins […]

14. Dana January 13, 2019 at 10:36 pm - Reply

These look delicious! Can these be made with just coconut flour? My son has a nut allergy and can’t have almond four. Thanks

• Shelby January 14, 2019 at 6:56 am - Reply

Hi Dana, the use of coconut flour would change the liquid ratio. I am making a test version of a similar recipe today for a single serving raspberry muffin in the microwave. It is likely you can omit the almond flour, but most likely would have to make another type of adjustment to accommodate it. I am new to keto baking, so I will shoot you an email when I am done to let you know how it worked.

15. Sheetal March 13, 2019 at 9:09 am - Reply

Wondering if I can use vanilla extract instead of almond extract in this recipe? I got all the ingredients at the store but for got the almond extract and want to make these now lol.

• Shelby March 13, 2019 at 1:36 pm - Reply

Hi Sheetal, you absolutely can swap out the almond for vanilla. I hope you enjoy the recipe!

• Sheetal March 15, 2019 at 6:36 pm - Reply

Thank you! I just made these substituting almond extract with vanilla, they are really delicious!

• Shelby March 17, 2019 at 8:03 am - Reply

Hi Sheetal! Thank you for stopping back and letting me know! Happy you enjoyed them!

16. Sandy March 25, 2019 at 11:51 am - Reply

These sound really delicious! I cannot have dairy products, do you think almond milk would work in place of the heavy cream? Thanks!

• Shelby March 25, 2019 at 3:18 pm - Reply

Hi Sandy, Thank you 🙂 Almond milk will not be as thick as heavy cream. A better substitute would be coconut cream for a dairy free version. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

17. Barb March 29, 2019 at 8:44 am - Reply

I just started getting your newsletter, anxious to try this recipe. I have a question , are they 1 net carb or 3? There are 2 different amounts. Thanx for the great recipe!

• Shelby Law Ruttan March 29, 2019 at 7:38 pm - Reply

Hi Barb, I’m so happy you signed up for my newsletter! Thank you for reaching out. I did another run of the recipe on My Fitness Pal and double checked. It is 3 regular carbs and 2 net carbs. I hope you will love this recipe!

18. mark owen March 30, 2019 at 9:47 pm - Reply

Hello ok iam.very new to keto baking I just did a.batch of muffins and they didnt seem to tast very good kind of salty and mushy the only thing I did was use vanilla extract everything else I followed to the letter what do you think I did wrong can you please help me
    mark owen

M

• Shelby Law Ruttan March 31, 2019 at 6:10 am - Reply

Hi Mark, I’m sorry your batch of muffins didn’t turn out well for you. I would love to be able to help you be successful with this recipe because it really is delicious! Keto baking can be difficult at first so don’t give up. First of all, I would need to know what your flours were. There are different types of almond flour out there and it could have something to do with what type you used. Usually when you use coconut flour, your batter will absorb a lot of liquid, so I’m not sure why they turned out mushy. They will be soft and tender, but shouldn’t be mushy. Next, it will make a difference if you used fresh raspberries or frozen. Frozen will have a lot of water in them. I haven’t attempted this recipe with frozen yet. Lastly, the saltiness, it could have something to do with the baking powder. I tend to think baking powder will add a saltiness to something, it may be your more sensitive to that. I would just leave the salt out of the recipe entirely if you thought they were too salty. Feel free to email me if you need more help. Let me know what products you used and I will do the best I can to help you out! Thanks for stopping by.

19. Claire Owen May 12, 2019 at 1:45 pm - Reply

Beware, this is NOT Keto Friendly. Using all of the ingredients mentioned above and half of the raspberrries recommended, and making 18 muffins, it is actually 7 carbs per muffin! Not 3 as stated in this blog. This is NOT a Keto friendly recipe unless you enjoy using 7 carbs of your max 50 daily carb allowance on one tiny muffin. Wasted a lot of money at the store trusting this recipe. Avoid this poorly researched and deceptive article!

• Shelby Law Ruttan May 12, 2019 at 8:45 pm - Reply

Claire, I don’t know what makes you think this is not keto friendly. Whatever you are using to calculate your nutrition is apparently incorrect. These muffins are 3 carbs and only 1 net carb per serving. It is likely whatever you are using to calculate is counting the sweetener as carbs. I am allowing your comment to be approved because you are incorrect. Please get your facts straight before you lash out at others about spending a lot of money to trust a recipe that you should have researched first yourself before actually making it.

• JennyB April 6, 2020 at 6:23 pm - Reply

Your calories are off by about 40, it is around 139 calories but carbs are under 2g and definitely keto. I am in the process of making these. I am using fat free egg creations in place of regular eggs so my macros are calories 129, fat 10.8, carbs 3.9, fiber2.3 and net carbs are1.6. Thanks for the recipe. I can’t wait to try it.

• Shelby Law Ruttan April 7, 2020 at 11:29 am - Reply

Hi Jenny, the nutrition information depends greatly on what brands/products you use. I used Carb manager app to calculate. Great idea to use the egg creations, hope you enjoy the recipe!

• Cory P August 15, 2019 at 6:41 pm - Reply

Just to provide my own insight on this, using a reliable macro nutrient tracking app I came out with the following per serving/cupcake (12 total servings): 137 calories, 12.2g fat, 4.1g protein, 4.72g TOTAL carbs, 2.52g fiber, 2.2g NET carbs. While it may be slightly different, this recipe is still very Keto friendly. Even with a 25g daily carb limit, I can eat these to my heart’s content. Thank you for the recipe!!

20. Earlyne Wiebe June 18, 2019 at 4:05 pm - Reply

Wow Wow Wow! As other tasters& bakers said, these muffins are delicious. Can’t tell they’re not made with ap flour. Loved them. I actually whipped up a low carb frosting. So good! I’m definitely going to make these muffins again. I’ll also Che k out your recipes too.

Thanks for making awesome muffins. ?

• Shelby Law Ruttan June 18, 2019 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Hi Earlyne, thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed the muffins and will enjoy the other recipes as well! Thanks for stopping by!

21. Viki July 17, 2019 at 7:39 am - Reply

So….these sound great and I love to bake! HATE Raspberries……..don’t like the seeds. I was thinking strawberries! What do you think????

22. […] ready for the new week. Along with these Keto Dutch Babies, my family loves to enjoy Keto friendly Fresh Raspberry Muffins. We also enjoy making toast with Keto […]

23. Anonymous October 3, 2019 at 8:33 am - Reply

24. […] am a big fan of muffins in the morning. I love that they are portable and filling. Fresh Raspberry Muffins and Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping are keto-friendly and can be made paleo with a few […]

25. Wilma Smith October 6, 2019 at 3:11 am - Reply

I just made these and they are delicious but can you please tell me how each one can have only one net carb when coconut flour is so high in carbs?

• Shelby Law Ruttan October 19, 2019 at 7:11 am - Reply

Hi Wilma, Thank you, I’m so happy you enjoyed the muffins! This recipe is made of ingredients that are all keto-friendly ingredients. Each ingredient has it’s own nutritional value. Coconut flour may be high in carbs, but it is also high in fiber. There is 1/4 cup in this recipe. 1/4 cup has 12 carbs but 9 grams of fiber. That leaves it at only 3 net carbs for the flour alone. There are 12 muffins in this recipe and when all factors are brought together, they calculate to 1 net carb. I highly recommended visiting a website such as fatsecret.com to calculate the nutrition information on your own if you are concerned about the information here. I have calculated this on my own at fatsecret with the brands I used to make the recipe. My information provided here is only a courtesy and should be used only as a guide. If do you have any more questions about nutrition facts, I highly recommend calculating what you are making on your own.

26. Theresa Morrison October 8, 2019 at 9:44 am - Reply

I baked these yesterday using coconut milk and about 1/2 cup of sweetener as I was running low. They were absolutely delicious! Thank you for the yummy recipe that I’m sure will be a regular bake in my kitchen.

• Shelby Law Ruttan October 8, 2019 at 11:27 am - Reply

Thi Theresa! Thank you for stopping by and letting me know. I love you used coconut milk. I’ve been using more of that lately so I will have to make these with it also! Thanks again! ˜Shelby

27. […] very favorite keto breakfast recipe is for these Raspberry Muffins. They are quick and easy to make, as well as super tender and […]

28. […] Bake up a plate of Paleo Pumpkin Muffins or Fresh Raspberry Muffins. […]

29. Anonymous March 21, 2020 at 2:20 am - Reply