First Published: October 19, 2016… Last Updated: April 22, 2020
This Salted Caramel Mocha Latte is a mix of strong coffee stirred with chocolate and caramel syrup and a frothed milk poured over the top. This is a copycat recipe for the coffee house latte you can get at Starbucks every holiday season, only better!
I love to top my Salted Caramel Mocha Latte with sweetened heavy whipped cream. Then, drizzle some of the syrup over top with a sprinkle of fleur de sel. This hot beverage is the perfect treat for a chilly afternoon pick me up!
Making my specialty cup of coffee right at home
I am so enamored with the Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Latte that you can get at Starbucks that I decided that I had to make my own coffee drink. Spending over $5 for a hot coffee on a regular basis gets to be a little too costly.
However, making your own specialty coffee right at home is really easy and you have the added benefit of making it your own way!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
What you need to make a Salted Caramel Mocha Recipe
Caramel Syrup: This is the thick caramel syrup, not the liquid one.
Chocolate Syrup: Same goes here, buy the actual syrup, not flavored liquid sweetener.
Coffee: We love dark roasted coffee and make it good and strong.
Whipped Cream: You can make your own homemade whipped topping, or you can use the kind you buy in a pressurized can.
Whole Milk: I highly recommend whole milk for the best flavor. If you must use a lower fat milk, I recommend not going lower than 2%.
Milk frother: This will make the hot milk nice and foamy, perfect for topping the Salted Caramel Mocha!
Fleur de Sel: a gourmet sea salt. This is one of the ingredients that makes this recipe what it is. I don’t recommend skipping it.
Espresso Machine: This is what I own, however, if you don’t have an espresso machine, then you can
How to froth milk for a latte
You do not have to have fancy equipment to make this latte right at home. I own a coffeemaker and a french press. You can brew your coffee for this in the coffee maker also, but if you do have a french press I highly recommend you use it.
So how do you “froth” without the expensive machine? I heat up about 1/2 cup of milk in my microwave, then I use my whisk to whisk it up and create some bubbling.
Make this latte your way!
- Swirl some extra caramel sauce inside the mug before pouring the coffee in.
- Make a homemade salted caramel sauce to use and eliminate the salt sprinkles on top of the coffee (if desired)
- Skip the chocolate syrup and whisk 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree into the hot coffee for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Skip the coffee and make hot chocolate following the directions below on assembling the mug (for the syrup drizzle etc).
- Drizzle extra caramel syrup over the top of the whipped topping
What so serve with a Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
Mom’s Buttermilk Doughnuts: These are a fried cake doughnut that has no icing.
Mini Caramel Coconut Chip Scones are similar to the mini scones you find in the coffee shop, only doctored up a bit!
Apple Dutch Baby is a great breakfast or dessert that goes great with this salted caramel mocha latte!
Other hot beverages to warm you up
Deep dark hot cocoa with a boozy punch!
The best of hot cocoa made with white chocolate.
Chocolate Candy and Baileys Irish Cream are the star of this boozy beverage.
Simple, not too sweet, and great for a chilly afternoon perk up!
This coffee is made with the addition of cream and amaretto for the almond lover.
Fireball and Apple Cider is a great hot toddy for chilly evenings.
*If you made this recipe for Salted Caramel Mocha Latte, please give it a star rating*
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Enjoy your favorite coffee shop beverage right at home!
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup whole milk, frothed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Brew your coffee as desired.
- Drizzle syrup inside of the coffee mug and add a little more to your mug to taste.
- Pour 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee into the coffee mug.
- Whisk hot milk until frothy. Pour 1/4 cup hot frothed milk into the mug.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrup. Sprinkle with a pinch of fleur de sel.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 9mgSodium 71mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.