Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie
With just three ingredients and in less than 30 minutes, you can have delicious gluten-free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, full of flavor and with the same crisp chewiness that you get with a regular peanut butter cookie and it looks the same too!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie

This is a post that was previously published. The recipe, photos, and writing have been updated, however the message remains the same.

I am excited this month to share this family recipe with you.  For the first time ever I am sharing a recipe that is from a family member on my Dad’s side of the family! Thanks to facebook, I have been in touch with family I only got to see on special occasions well as some family I have never met!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are not much trouble to make at all.  As a matter of fact, they are very similar to the peanut butter cookie recipe that I like to make that is from a 70’s cookbook that has flour in them and is a little more work. After I made that Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe, my cousin Cheryl told me about her daughter Bambi’s peanut butter cookie recipe that has only 3 ingredients.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Bambi, whom I have never met – but seen photos of,  really resembles me, just a much younger me!  The first time I saw her photo I thought I was looking in a magic mirror.  Only because I was young again. 🙂 Cheryl’s dad (Uncle Lyle) and my dad are brothers.  The only boys in their family!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

This is the family where I have all those Christmas Eve gathering memories of that I hold dear to my heart.  I made Bambi’s recipe today and am happy to let you know that they are very good!  I also love that these are gluten free.

This post was a part of the Family Recipes Event I used to participate in.  This event was started by Laura of The Spiced Life and me several years ago.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Family Recipes are very special to most people and it has a lot of meaning and feeling behind the making of these recipes.  This is what the heart of our event back then was about. They are still very special to me and I will always continue to make family recipes.  I love the memories that the a family recipe evokes and the love behind it all.

Do you make many family recipes? I would love to hear about them in the comments!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Author: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 24
  • Bambi’s Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1- cup of peanut butter
  • 1- cup of light brown sugar
  • 1-egg
  • dash of cinnamon and vanilla(for taste)
  • (you can add peanut butter chips and or milk chocolate chips)or leave plain…
  1. Mix all together with electric mixer. Scoop with small cookie scoop onto baking sheet and flatten with a glass bottom dipped in sugar. Bake 350 till sides are set, approximately 8 minutes.

PIN – FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1. cad April 18, 2010 at 11:37 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing this cookie recipe with your readers… it is awesome…

2. Peter M April 18, 2010 at 11:56 pm - Reply

I love peanut butter cookies, sometimes more than chocolate chip and who can argue with Bambi?

3. Cristine April 19, 2010 at 1:19 am - Reply

Thanks a lot… Now I want to go make PB cookies at 730pm. 🙂 They look great!

4. pegasuslegend April 19, 2010 at 1:42 am - Reply

I love these they look awesome!

5. Fallon April 19, 2010 at 2:44 am - Reply

This is so easy, going to keep this bookmarked for an emergency! I haven't had a PB cookie in a while.

6. Coleen's Recipes April 19, 2010 at 5:03 am - Reply

Hubby loves all things peanutbutter, so I'll give these a try…but NO flour? Feels wierd.

7. Katy ~ April 19, 2010 at 9:05 am - Reply

Peanut butter cookies are among my all time favorite, if not the favorite. Excellent family recipe.

8. Deeba PAB April 19, 2010 at 10:07 am - Reply

Like the new look, and am loving these cookies. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

9. Amanda April 19, 2010 at 11:49 am - Reply

I love PB cookies, these look fabulous!

10. Linda April 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm - Reply

Hubby LOVES PB cookies, and I really am going to have to try flourless peanut butter cookies at some point–I've seen the recipe before, and some people swear by it. Did Grumpy like them?

11. teresa April 19, 2010 at 1:38 pm - Reply

oh i love these cookies! my mom made some really similar to these and they were awesome!

12. Suzanne a.k.a. vivisue April 19, 2010 at 1:42 pm - Reply

I agree with you on the Facebook thing. Wow, I could never imagined getting back in touch with friends from high school and staying more in touch with family members, i.e. nieces and nephews and getting to know them better. This recipe looks amazing and no flour? Wow! PBCs are our favorite and this one is next on the cookie-making list! Great post!

13. Mags April 19, 2010 at 1:59 pm - Reply

Hubby's going to thank you big time for this recipe. PB cookies are his favorite!

14. Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog April 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Nice way to begin the week with a dozen of these PB cookies for tea – time mmm 🙂

Have a great week!

Gera

15. Pam April 19, 2010 at 4:36 pm - Reply

I haven't had peanut butter cookies for so long – these look perfect!

That shrimp dish down below is calling my name…yum!

16. noble pig April 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm - Reply

Oh those look so yummy!

17. Jessie April 19, 2010 at 11:53 pm - Reply

my kind of cookies! PB cookies are one of my many favorite cookies too

18. Talita April 20, 2010 at 12:48 am - Reply

Yummy!!! Really comfort food!

19. Barbara Bakes April 20, 2010 at 1:39 am - Reply

Looks like the bake up crispy and delicious! How nice that you keep in touch.

20. Cookin' Canuck April 20, 2010 at 2:43 am - Reply

How fun for you to be able to connect with so many family members. Food really does have a way of bringing people together. I'm really curious to try this recipe – I'm guessing that it's addictive.

21. tasteofbeirut April 20, 2010 at 2:55 am - Reply

I tried this recipe once a long time ago after seeing it in a newspaper clipping! Love it and so great not to have to fuss with flour and the rest of it!

22. vickys April 20, 2010 at 1:36 pm - Reply

I'm always up for a quick, 4 ingredients recipe! And it's family certified yummy too! 🙂

23. Tami April 20, 2010 at 3:46 pm - Reply

Years ago a friend at church made these cookies and I asked her for the recipe. When I read it and saw no flour I told her she had left something out of the recipe! I had never imagined that would not have flour!

They are the best peanut butter cookies ever!

24. Bellini Valli April 20, 2010 at 5:42 pm - Reply

I must say that I find peanut butter cookies and a tall, cold glass of milk to be very comforting Shelby.

25. Megan April 21, 2010 at 1:58 pm - Reply

This is my daughters favorite cookie recipe but we use white sugar. I'll (she'll) have to try it with the brown sugar. That sounds way better!

26. Mrs. L April 21, 2010 at 8:23 pm - Reply

There is nothing better to me than a really good peanut butter cookie, as they are my favorite. My gram used to make something like this. Brings back memories. I'll have to make these!

27. Bambi April 23, 2010 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Thanks for posting Shelby:) These cookies are like eating baked PB fudge! It is very nice to have gotten to know you and I still am in shock everytime I see your picture how we resemble each other and to top it off our shared love of food:)

28. Vera April 24, 2010 at 5:55 am - Reply

My kids love peanut butter! I will definitely add this to my long "to bake" list. Thank you 🙂

29. Lynda April 29, 2010 at 3:31 am - Reply

Love, love, love peanut butter cookies; I think this recipe is in my Mother's collection too!I must dig it out.

30. gail May 29, 2010 at 4:15 pm - Reply

My mom made the exact same cookies! I LOVE them!

31. Ellen April 4, 2017 at 9:05 pm - Reply

Family recipes are the best. I wish I had more of them. I only have a handful but I’m creating many for my boys!

32. […] seasoning would make a great side! Or, maybe you will skip the side and just enjoy a delicious Flourless Peanut Butter cookie for […]

33. Anonymous November 8, 2019 at 4:59 pm - Reply