Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil is full of flavor from the garlic, pancetta, and olive oil combination with a little added kick of heat from the chili pepper. Lick your bowl clean good, or better yet, swap it with a piece of crusty bread to soak up all that flavor!
I am excited to share with you today, this mouthwatering Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil as part of our LIVE Sunday Supper event at Tapa Toro in Orlando, FL! Several Tastemakers have gathered together after the amazing Food & Wine Conference to enjoy an awesome experience with delicious food and a vibrant, energetic atmosphere. The perfect ending to a perfect weekend!
Tapas are a large variety of appetizers and snacks being of Spanish origin, which in my language are a wonderful way to enjoy delicious bites of food! I can’t help but think of Nanny when I think small plates and how she would say “I’ll have a little bit of each please”, usually when referring to dessert. I pretty much say that to all food. 🙂
When I decided to make this dish, I thought I wanted to do something a little different. That is where the pancetta comes in. I know, pancetta is an Italian bacon, but I like thinking that adding a little bit of fusion to my recipe is ok, especially since it was bacon!
To start I cooked the pancetta until it was nice and crispy. Removed it from the skillet and left the fat in the pan. I added about 1/2 cup olive oil to the pancetta fat and cooked the garlic, parsley and chilis over a lower heat.
The garlic, chili peppers and parsley are sizzled for just a few seconds in the pancetta fat and olive oil mixture, causing a wonderful aroma to fill your senses! You want your oil hot enough to sizzle but not burn the garlic. It can be tricky as garlic burns easily, so watch it very closely.
The shrimp is added to the oil mixture and cooked until it’s just turned pink. Strain the shrimp from the fat and place in a serving bowl sprinkled with the crispy pancetta.
Serving Suggestion: I served this Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil with a side bowl of the Pancetta Olive Oil mixture used in cooking the shrimp with a crusty bread for dipping. A perfect accompaniment to this shrimp was oven roasted grape tomatoes, simply seasoned with salt and pepper and roasted in the oven until the skins started to burst open.
Would you like to try more Tapa recipes? Be sure to follow the links below to see what the other SundaySupper Tastemakers created!
Be sure to join us in our twitter chat tonight (Sunday, May 15th at 7 pmET) LIVE from Tapa Toro!
- 3 ounces chopped pancetta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 whole dried red chili peppers
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta until well browned. Remove pancetta from pan and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pancetta fat in your skillet. Cook the garlic, dried red chili peppers and parsley in the oil mixture for about 10 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 minutes, stirring the shrimp often. Remove shrimp from pan and toss with pancetta.
Para Empezar, Las Tapas (Appetizers/tapas) –
- Apple, Chorizo, and Manchego Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Champiñones al Ajillo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chorizo and Sweet Potato Spanish Tortilla Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus & Fennel Marinated Olives by Go Epicurista
- Clams Casino Dip with Bacon by Girl Abroad
- Crab Enchilado Empanadas with Avocado Cream by Gourmet Everyday
- Deviled Eggs with Shrimp by Our Good Life
- Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp) by Pook’s Pantry
- Garlicky Shrimp with Pancetta Olive Oil by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Gazpacho Cucumber Bites by A Mind Full Mom
- Gildas Picantes – Spicy Anchovy Olive Skewers by Food Lust People Love
- Herbed and Spiced Almonds by Get the Good Stuff!
- How to make Beef Sweet Sour Meatballs with Pineapple for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
- Manchego Cheese & Chorizo Bites with Saffron Alioli by Hardly A Goddess
- Margarita Ceviche by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers) with Mojo Picon by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Bell Pepper Goat Cheese Bites by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Eggplant and Piquillo Pepper Toasts by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Red Peppers and Anchovies with Bruschetta by The Hungry Goddess
- Seared Scallops with Shredded Manchego and a Bleu Cheese Crumble by The Freshman Cook
- Serrano Ham & Goat Cheese Croquettes by My World Simplified
- Serrano Ham Bites with Melon and Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- Shrimp Romesco Bites by Cooking On The Ranch
- Smoked Sardine Crostini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp by Life Tastes Good
- Tomato Gazpacho With Fried Avocado Bites by Nik Snacks
- Tortilla de Camarones by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Tortilla Española by Monica’s Table
- White Wine Marinated Steak with Blue Cheese by Caroline’s Cooking
- Zanahorias Aliñadas (Spanish Marinated Carrots) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Postres (Desserts) –
- Buñuelos de Viento by Dessert Geek
- Chocolate Orange Macarons by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Chocolate Toasts with Apricot Jam by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Churro Bites with Chocolate Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Churro Cupcakes by Pies and Plots
- Mini Vanilla Flans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Dulce de Leche Cheesecakes by The Redhead Baker
Bebidas (Drinks) –
- Tinto de Verano ~ A Sangria alternative by An Appealing Plan
Plus Alcachofas al Ajillo – Garlicky Artichokes – and Spanish Tapas Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement