Today is the 10th anniversary of World Nutella Day and what better way to celebrate than with a slice of this Nutella Skillet Brownie! The best part is Grumpy and I were able to have a treat and still have it fit into our nutrition plan. With only 213 calories per serving, you can have your Nutella Skillet Brownie and eat it too!
I thought I better get on the band wagon this year and get something made to help with the celebration of that wonderful spread called Nutella with the rest of the foodie world. I don’t know too many people who don’t like Nutella!
We have not been eating baked goods in this house since Christmas and this Nutella Skillet Brownie was the perfect dessert for Grumpy and I to do a little celebration with. Since we are trying to control our dessert consumption in this house, the rest went to work to be shared with my co-workers after Grumpy and I had our serving.
I am addicted to my Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. I’m constantly thinking about recipes to make in it and am looking at buying a whole set of Lodge Cast Iron dishes very soon! It is the easiest dish I have to clean, I never have to scrub too hard to get it clean. I basically wash this pan with hot water and a scrubbing sponge.
I took so many photos of this Nutella Skillet Brownine, that when it came to sharing them on this blog post, I had a hard time deciding which photos to share with you. So, I’m sharing a lot of them! I have a feeling I’m not the only food blogger with this problem. 🙂
What would your favorite way to enjoy Nutella be and are you celebrating National Nutella Day with the rest of the foodie world?
*Note: I always use King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour when baking and recommend this product for best results.
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream Nutella and butter. Add sugars and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Gradually add to nutella mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spray a 10′ cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Spread brownie batter in pan. Top with dark and vanilla chips.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of brownie.
This post contains affiliate ads for product I use in my kitchen.
Want more of Grumpy’s Honeybunch? Follow me on my social media channels!