Remember that Blueberry POM Wonderful Maple Syrup I made?  Well, I found another use for it that turned out absolutely delicious!  I decided to make a banana blueberry bread with the syrup.  Because the syrup was made with pure maple syrup and POM Blueberry Juice, I decided to also do a Maple Walnut twist to the bread.  The results?  Oh so yummy, oh so moist Blueberry Banana Bread which went over very well at work.  So well that when one of the profs came in the office yesterday afternoon he stood and looked at me.  I asked him if he needed anything…..and he said yes.  Blueberry Banana Bread.  Ha.  Maybe Grumpy is right.  Maybe they do only like me for my baking!

HoneyB’s POM Wonderful Blueberry Banana Bread

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup POM Blueberry Syrup
1 egg
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup blueberries plus a few extra to decorate top of bread
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoons granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 5 x 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and the POM syrup.  Beat in the egg and bananas.  Stir in the maple extract and milk.  In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and stir into the banana mixture just until moistened.  Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.  Arrange blueberries on top.  Mix the nuts and sugar, then sprinkle on top of batter.

Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

1. pegasuslegend August 5, 2010 at 11:37 am - Reply

amazing bread a classic gone gourmet!

2. Cristine August 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm - Reply

Great job! It looks and sounds fantastic!

3. Cheryl August 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm - Reply

What a clever idea! Sounds delicious!

4. Fallon August 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm - Reply

HMM I've been meaning to make some banana bread since I literally just threw a whole bunch of bananas into the freezer.. I also have lots of POM juice left.. HMM I like your idea of the POM juice in the banana bread!;)

5. ajcabuang04 August 5, 2010 at 6:53 pm - Reply

Your blueberry banana bread looks so moist! YUM!! I love the topping you have on it!

6. Lori August 6, 2010 at 1:24 am - Reply

Oh yeah! This is a good use. It looks moist and delicious!

7. teresa August 6, 2010 at 1:38 am - Reply

oh my gosh, that bread looks SO good, and with such fun ingredients!

congrats to your family and grumpy for the new job! i hope everything goes well!

8. bellini valli August 6, 2010 at 3:24 am - Reply

Looks delicious Shelby!!!!

9. Debbi Does Dinner Healthy August 6, 2010 at 6:59 pm - Reply

LOVE blueberry bread! I'm going to have to check out that syrup! Thanks!

10. Sounds fantastic, I love the crumbly top 🙂

11. Reeni August 10, 2010 at 6:21 pm - Reply

A lovely bread! Love the flavors and the syrup makes it extra special!

12. Cajun Chef Ryan August 10, 2010 at 6:58 pm - Reply

Great bread here with the POM, blueberry, and banana!

I screams tasty and healthy!

13. Natalie August 10, 2010 at 8:58 pm - Reply

Such a wonderful idea–I supposedly have some POM headed my way and you're inspiring me 😉

14. Mags August 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Great use of the POM. I'm craving some homemade bread right now. Yours looks so good!

15. marla {Family Fresh Cooking} August 11, 2010 at 3:15 am - Reply

Love your use of POM juice. it is so versatile. This blueberry banana bread is so tempting….especially with the walnuts 🙂

16. CookiePie August 11, 2010 at 1:18 pm - Reply

Love the pom addition — that bread looks so delicious!!!

17. Jamie August 15, 2010 at 4:48 pm - Reply

Wow! I have wanted to mix blueberries into my banana bread for so long but blueberries are rare here and everyone yells for chocolate chips. But your bread with the berries looks fabulous! And adding the blueberry syrup sounds over the top delicious!