Reminiscent of chili dogs from my childhood Dairy Queen visits! Buried in chili and covered with cheese and onions, Chili Cheese Dogs are easy to make delicious dinner treat for your family!Chili Cheese Dogs
 I also remember eating Chili Cheese Dogs at A&W when I used to live right smack behind one! This has always been one of my favorite foods to eat when going out so I decided that it was about time to make one to eat at home. I love cooking the hotdogs on the grill, but if you aren’t able to do so, use a grill pan on the stove top. Works just as well and you still get the grill marks!
Chili Cheese Dogs
 I went with a spaghetti sauce in the chili recipe. It is something I learned from Kristna (Justin’s former spouse). I love the flavor the spaghetti sauce gives the chili. I suggest using a thicker spaghetti sauce (I choose Prego). If you find the spaghetti sauce you use is a thinner sauce, I would add a bit more tomato paste to thicken it up some.
 Chili Cheese Dogs
Looking for a good side dish to go with your chili cheese dogs? Try my recipe for Red, White & Blue Potato Salad or this full of flavor Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing. Serve up Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies for dessert!
[amd-yrecipe-recipe:19]

Pin it! Chili Cheese Dogs

Chili Cheese Dogs

1. Mags June 23, 2010 at 1:54 am - Reply

Great summer food. I've never met a chili dog I didn't love.

2. Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" June 23, 2010 at 2:49 am - Reply

LOL! You goober! Well I'm not blogging about our chili dogs, was nothing as fancy, just chili and cheese no onions. Mr. at about 3 of them! Yours look fab! Thanks for the mention too. =)

3. Food Lover June 23, 2010 at 9:09 am - Reply

Looks yummy 🙂

4. Grumpy and HoneyB June 23, 2010 at 10:16 am - Reply

LOL Rachelle. You can call me a goober because I love you! ha ha. Oh, not to mention I know WHY you called me a goober! :-p

5. Cristine June 23, 2010 at 12:19 pm - Reply

Your chili dogs look delicious!

6. Tupper Cooks! June 23, 2010 at 12:31 pm - Reply

Chili Cheese Dogs = Summer Staple! I love Hoffman's dogs. At 3 lbs. for $10.99 they're a great value-

Another superb wiener is/are Zweigels ( out of Rochester). If Grumpy likes Hoff Dogs he'll love these. You can find them at the IGA in Cape Vincent and occasionally at the Big M in Clayton.

I'll be cooking up a bunch of Hoffdogs Friday night for the daughters pr-wedding BBQ

Great pics! You've got me drooling again!

7. Jessie June 23, 2010 at 2:14 pm - Reply

just in time for the independence day cook out! Chili dogs are the ultimate cook out food. These look great 🙂

8. vanillasugar June 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm - Reply

you know i would love these. a couple at least. we eat a lot of those all natural, no nitrates hot dogs from whole foods and i LOVE using baked beans or chili on mine.

9. Kristen June 23, 2010 at 3:43 pm - Reply

My two younger boys discovered chili dogs last week when they went camping with their scout troop. I had been trying for years to get all of my kids to eat them, but to no avail. They go camping once and are hooked. Yours look great!

10. Cheryl June 23, 2010 at 5:40 pm - Reply

One of my very favorite things in the world to eat, year round!

11. Just Food Snobs June 23, 2010 at 6:04 pm - Reply

My husband loves hotdogs with chili, this is a great chili recipe! He loves everything on the spicy side so I will probably add more! Thanks.

12. Anna June 23, 2010 at 8:33 pm - Reply

This hot dog makes me very homesick, in Brazil that's how we make hotdogs all the time. Yours looks delicious.

13. Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron June 23, 2010 at 8:46 pm - Reply

YUM! The hot dog looks so goodddd! You made a great choice making this for dinner and this dish is perfect for summmer!

14. pegasuslegend June 23, 2010 at 11:34 pm - Reply

thats one hell of a dog!

15. Diana's Cocina June 24, 2010 at 1:00 am - Reply

My husband and son would love this. I have it bookmarked. LOL!

16. Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog June 24, 2010 at 5:02 am - Reply

Scrumptious hot dogs and with lot of onion – ideal for me :)) I can eat for dozen!

Cheers,

Gera

17. Marthe June 24, 2010 at 7:41 am - Reply

Here I am eating some low-fat Strawberry Yoghurt for breakfast and you go tempt me with this Hot Dog: it looks soooo scrumptious!

18. Jamie June 29, 2010 at 2:16 am - Reply

That chili dog looks yummmmmy!

19. Anonymous October 5, 2019 at 7:39 pm - Reply

20. […] love pea salad served as a side dish to Firemen’s Chicken, Chili Cheese Dogs, or my favorite, Honeyb’s Slider recipe. It is a great salad for summer barbecues […]