No Bake Fudge Cookies

No Bake Fudge Cookies are stove-top recipe made with butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and peanut butter, oatmeal, and coconut. This fudge like cookie is basically a chocolate peanut butter fudge that has other goodies stirred in!

If you love peanut butter fudge, try these Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies!

No Bake Fudge Cookies

These no bake cookies are a family favorite that will satisfy the sweet tooth! They are great for Saturday night popcorn night. Just serve a couple of these fudge cookies with a bowl of popcorn for a yummy movie snack.

Making No Bake Cookies

While for some people (and I am one of those people), making no bakes can be a little challenging. A few simple steps and tips will help you be able to make these cookies and have them turn out as perfect as I did!

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.

What you need to make these cookies

You can make the cookies successfully. You just need a few things to help you out.

Large Heavy Bottom Saucepan: this will help the chocolate fudge to heat evenly.

Candy Thermometer: I find I have the best success when I use a candy thermometer. This is the one I use.

Cocoa Powder: Be sure to use a good quality cocoa powder.

Oatmeal: Regular oats (not quick oats).

Peanut Butter: Do not use all natural peanut butter. I always use this brand, and it works perfectly.

Unsalted Butter

Milk of your choice: Almond, coconut milk, or cows milk,

No Bake Fudge Cookies STACK

Tips for a successful no bake fudge cookie recipe

• Make these without distraction. These no bake fudge cookies an overcook quickly.
  • Have all your ingredients ready to add when it’s time to add them. Oatmeal, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and coconut should all be measured out and at ready when it’s time.
  • Be patient. Cook the syrup slowly and watching it carefully. Test for the softball stage often if you do not have a candy thermometer. If you do have a candy thermometer, I suggest cooking to between 230-235 degree Fahrenheit.
  • If the fudge starts to harden, soften with a tablespoon of milk, If you need a little more, add another 1/2 tablespoon. Too much milk will put you back to the stage where your fudge is not going to firm up.
No Bake Fudge Cookies

How to test the syrup without a candy thermometer

If you do not have a candy thermometer, you can test your syrup by dripping a little bit of syrup into a dish with a small amount of cold water. The fudge should easily form a soft ball. If it doesn’t come together, its not at that stage yet and if it quickly hardens, your probably overcooked.

*If you made these No Bake Fudge Cookies, please give them a star rating*

No Bake Fudge Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies

No Bake Fudge Cookies

A boiled chocolate fudge cookie fith peanut butter and oatmeal.

• 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 4 heaping Tablespoons cocoa
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 2-1/4 cups regular oats
  • 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter

1. Mix sugar, butter, salt, cocoa and almond milk in large saucepan.
  2. Bring to a slow boil and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat or until temperature is at a soft ball stage. Once the syrup has reached a soft ball stage, remove from heat.
  3. Quickly stir in vanilla, peanut butter, oatmeal and coconut. The no bake cookies should have a still glossy look.
  4. Spoon by tablespoonful onto a foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Allow to cool and harden.
  5. Store cookies in a container on the shelf (do not refrigerate).

1. Nichi May 6, 2010 at 9:11 pm - Reply

oooh i bet those are totally addictive~!

2. Holly May 6, 2010 at 10:02 pm - Reply

You sound like me when I'm on a"diet";) lol!! I love No Bake Cookies!! Yum I had forgotten about them…Thanks for the reminder-preggers right now -no diet for me;)hehee

3. Liz Marr, MS, RD May 6, 2010 at 10:35 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh, when I was growing up we used to make something similar on many occasions. I haven't thought of that recipe in a very long time. Thanks for the reminder. They are delish!

4. Carrian May 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm - Reply

My hubby looooves no bake cookies. Something so simple, but he just can't turn them down.

5. pegasuslegend May 6, 2010 at 10:56 pm - Reply

WE love these cookies, make them every christmas, one of my kids favorites….your pictures are beautifully capturing how delicious they are now you have me wishing for one!~

6. 5 Star Foodie May 7, 2010 at 12:46 am - Reply

I drink my coffee black but always need something sweet to go with it, these scrumptious no bake cookies would be just the perfect treat!

7. Mags May 7, 2010 at 1:17 am - Reply

They look so delicious and I can completely understand the compulsion to make them. I get that way myself too!

8. theUngourmet May 7, 2010 at 1:32 am - Reply

These cookies bring back childhood memories. My mom used to make a cookie like this one. I could (and still can) eat way too many!

9. Cristine May 7, 2010 at 1:42 am - Reply

I love no bake cookies, too! I always make my moms (with PB and chocolate) but also made a Nutella version a while back. Thanks a lot… now I want to go throw together some cookies! 🙂

10. Barbara Bakes May 7, 2010 at 1:50 am - Reply

I have been wondering about Nutella no bake cookies for a while now. If you make them let me know. I know I'd love the addiction of coconut.

11. Angie May 7, 2010 at 1:56 am - Reply

These look amazing, your ruining MY DIET! LOL

12. Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog May 7, 2010 at 4:20 am - Reply

These cookies are extremely tempting…so addictive if there are very near 😉

Cheers,

Gera

13. Bellini Valli May 7, 2010 at 1:37 pm - Reply

If we are watching what we eat (I don't use the four letter word)according to my ruikles you are allowed a small indulgence on Fridays at noon:D Feel free to indulge whatever time suits you best.

14. Lynda May 7, 2010 at 2:40 pm - Reply

Oooo, I haven't made no-bake cookies for ages; I may have to give in to temptation now! They DO have some healthy ingredients! 🙂

15. Pam May 7, 2010 at 2:55 pm - Reply

This would be very dangerous for me! I don't think I could stop eating them.

16. Amanda May 8, 2010 at 1:02 am - Reply

Wow those look awesome Shelby!!

17. Anonymous May 8, 2010 at 3:39 am - Reply

I have seen other recipes for this cookie and they say one to three minutes to boil. 10 minutes seems like a long time don't they get sort of crystalized. I am just curious I followed the one minute one and your right they didnt set up very good but were still so good.

Love your blog
    Dee

18. katiez May 8, 2010 at 10:36 am - Reply

I LOVE chocolate with my coffee. Okay, i love it anytime, but it seems to be especially good in the morning. Big slice of chocolate layer cake makes a perfect breakfast!

19. Grumpy and HoneyB May 9, 2010 at 1:43 am - Reply

Hi Dee – It does seem like a long time but when you make fudge/candy it can take a long time. Using a candy thermometer is best with this recipe if you aren't familiar with candy making.

20. PJ March 22, 2011 at 10:06 am - Reply

Made this for taste and create.It came out well but was more like a fudge.We enjoyed it 🙂

21. […] I used:Original recipe is here […]

22. Miriah October 19, 2019 at 7:41 am - Reply

23. […] Peanut Butter Fat Bombs are the best thing since the original no-bake fudge […]

24. […] No Bake Fudge Cookies are full of chocolate and peanut butter flavor and taste just like fudge. […]