Every year my mom makes Pecan Tassies to send to my brother out in Indianapolis. According to her, these are his favorites! I like them because they are like a miniature pecan pie. You get just enough of a bite to not feel like you have had too much sweet all at once like you might get with a pecan pie!Tiny Holiday Tarts

I know Steve checks my blog at times, but I don’t know how regularly. But, I bet if he sees this he will let me know he did! If he’s good to his sis, maybe she’ll make him some when she’s out there visiting right after Christmas ๐Ÿ˜‰ However, for now, these that I made tonight are going to the soldier that Team Clarkson is sending goodies to this month for Baking Gals. I’ll let you know more about the soldier in a future post!

Tiny Holiday Tarts

Tiny Holiday Tarts
Author: BHG Cookies for Christmas Cookbook
  • Tart dough
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1-3oz. package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • Filling:
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
  • Beat the above ingredients together.
  1. In small mixer bowl beat together butter and cream cheese. Stir in flour. Cover and chill about 1 hour or till easy to handle. Shape into 1 inch balls. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 1-3/4 inch muffin cups. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon filling. Bake at 325 oven for 25-30 minutes or till done. Cool slightly in pan. Remove and cool well.

Tiny Holiday Tarts – Pin it!

Tiny Holiday Tarts

1. Bunny December 11, 2008 at 2:13 am - Reply

I haven’t made Pecan Tassies in years, thanks for reminding me of how good they are.!

2. Lisa December 11, 2008 at 2:21 am - Reply

These look so good. I agree that i’d like one bite rather than a whole piece of pie. Your snowflake cookies are gorgeous!

3. Meg December 11, 2008 at 2:42 am - Reply

Yum! These look great! You make such amazing treats!

4. Lauren December 11, 2008 at 2:46 am - Reply

these are a specialty in my husband’s family- I love them and learned to make them last year. soo good!

5. Barbara Bakes December 11, 2008 at 3:15 am - Reply

I’ve never seen these before. My husband loves pecan pie. I’m sure these would be a hit.

6. Kevin December 11, 2008 at 3:26 am - Reply

Those look so good with the gooey centers!!

7. CookiePie December 11, 2008 at 3:35 am - Reply

Those are so lovely and fancy-looking! I bet they taste fabulous too ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Mari at Once Upon a Plate December 11, 2008 at 4:03 am - Reply

Yum, Honey! And yours look like perfection.

I haven’t made these in such a long time. Thank you for remindng me about them.

(Wish I could take a nibble out of your photos!) ๐Ÿ™‚

Beautiful job, as always. And your photos are A+++++!
    xo~m.

9. Cristine December 11, 2008 at 5:02 am - Reply

I make pecan tassies for Nathan every year. Yours look fantastic! Mmmm… now I want one! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Debbie December 11, 2008 at 5:50 am - Reply

You make everything I love! And it looks so good.

11. Jerri - Simply Sweet Home December 11, 2008 at 6:14 am - Reply

Wow! These really look yummy!

12. recipes2share December 11, 2008 at 7:20 am - Reply

These look great & I love the squidgey centre!

13. noble pig December 11, 2008 at 7:37 am - Reply

What’s scary is that it looks like I could pop about 3 in my mouth at once…that’s deadly! They are beautiful.

14. Bellini Valli December 11, 2008 at 9:10 am - Reply

The cream cheese crust on these tender morsels just melts in your mouth!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder HoneyB.

15. Happy cook December 11, 2008 at 9:48 am - Reply

They looks so yummydelcious. I wanted to grab one and enjoy them.
    Alas i am not as lucky as your brother to reveive them when u visit him after christmas.

16. Christy December 11, 2008 at 11:58 am - Reply

These are one of my favorites! Mini-pecan pies…perfect. Your’s look so yummy!

17. Dharm December 11, 2008 at 12:01 pm - Reply

Those mini tarts look just lovely!

18. Dawn December 11, 2008 at 2:36 pm - Reply

I’m with what Cathy (noble pig) said above…I can easily pop about 5 of these bad boys in my mouth.
    These are so adorable! I must try them.

19. AK Mom December 11, 2008 at 2:46 pm - Reply

These mini tarts look absolutely delicious! My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Kaitlin December 11, 2008 at 2:53 pm - Reply

Oh these look SO good! Great for holiday parties!!! =D YUM

21. Ingrid December 11, 2008 at 4:01 pm - Reply

Desserts in mini form are a double edged sword. If they are as tasty as your pecan tassie look then you’ll probably eat more than you should. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

22. Di December 11, 2008 at 4:24 pm - Reply

Mmmm… I have a very similar recipe that I got from Jamie’s grandmother. They’re really tasty.

23. Carrie December 11, 2008 at 4:27 pm - Reply

Yum! But I would need about 15 of those. I eat pecan pie until I’m ill, I love it so much.

24. Marjie December 11, 2008 at 4:57 pm - Reply

These are so cute! They look like just the right size to keep the sweet tooth under control.

25. Pam December 11, 2008 at 6:06 pm - Reply

They look so good Shelby – no wonder your brother loves them. I am sure your soldier will be so happy to get these in his/her care package.

26. Peppercorn Press December 11, 2008 at 7:15 pm - Reply

These look great! I know what you mean about too much sweet with an entire piece of pecan pie. This looks like the perfect size. Pecan pie is my Mom’s favorite – I’ll have to make these special for her.

27. tardevil December 11, 2008 at 7:55 pm - Reply

Thanks for stopping by today & inviting me to the group! I so need help with cooking, and this could just be my answer! That pecan tassie recipe looks delicious!

28. tardevil December 11, 2008 at 7:56 pm - Reply

One more thing I just noticed, I was your 50th follower, and you were mine! A benchmark!

29. CaptnRachel aka Tha Pizza Cutta December 11, 2008 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Your Christmas Confections are just incredible! Your family sure is lucky ๐Ÿ˜‰

30. priscilla December 11, 2008 at 8:33 pm - Reply

Yummy! these look so good. i bet your soldier will love these! since your brother is in indianapolis…GO COLTS!!!

31. PaniniKathy December 11, 2008 at 8:41 pm - Reply

Ooh – I love those! How cute. But how do you keep from popping too many in your mouth??

32. Reeni December 12, 2008 at 12:34 am - Reply

I love pecan pie! These look even better, YUM!!! Another one to put on my christmas bake list.

33. Shari@Whisk: a food blog December 12, 2008 at 4:27 am - Reply

One-bite versions of these sound perfect! They look great!

34. Megan December 12, 2008 at 5:54 am - Reply

I could pop these little gems into my mouth all night long. I love pecan pie.

35. Susan December 12, 2008 at 7:27 am - Reply

Susan

36. natalia December 12, 2008 at 7:56 am - Reply

Ciao ! They look so nice ! And I think as you send them all over that they keep well too ! Your cookies look so beautiful ! I’m trying to figure out how to join the group !! Thank you !

37. Cakelaw December 12, 2008 at 9:27 am - Reply

Delicious! I can see why your brother loves them.

38. peteformation December 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm - Reply

Nice pecans tarts. Great food for my guest this Xmas. Thks

39. trizydlux December 12, 2008 at 6:47 pm - Reply

Hello! I am making these right now for a party tomorrow, and I’m wondering… about how many tarts will I get from this recipe?

40. miri December 12, 2008 at 8:00 pm - Reply

These look so adorable and so tempting with that oozy filling in the center! Love it!

41. Linda December 12, 2008 at 8:55 pm - Reply

I am making cranberry pecan tassies this year! Hope they turn out like the traditional ones that I usually make. Your photos are great!

42. creative one December 13, 2008 at 3:34 am - Reply

The tarts looks yummy!

43. HoneyB December 13, 2008 at 1:51 pm - Reply

Thanks for all the comments!

Trizydlux – you should get 24 tarts ๐Ÿ™‚

44. Gabe's Girl December 14, 2008 at 2:19 am - Reply

I just love these little desserts. I really need to make some soon. I know I always seem to tell you this, but you have a wonderful site.

45. J.Danger December 14, 2008 at 11:52 pm - Reply

these look so good. I love pecan pie, so this will help. I will feel less guilty if they are cute and little. Because everybody knows that cute little things can’t be bad for you!

46. Kaelee October 29, 2010 at 7:59 pm - Reply

You mentioned sending these to a soldier… How do you package them for sending? I have a long-distance friend who would LOVE these.

47. […] Tiny Holiday Tarts, also known as Pecan Tassies are a long time family favorite Christmas Cookie recipe. My mom has made this recipe for years and every year for as long as I can remember. They are like mini pecan pie cookies that you don’t want to stop eating! […]