Clam Dip in a white bowl with red pepper and green onion top garnish

Creamy Clam Dip is a delicious dip to serve guest for any event! Christmas appetizers, New Years Eve, even Game day! Full of clams and flavor, these are delicious served up with a vegetable platter or your favorite cracker.

I wanted to make a clam dip to take to our Christmas Party at work. I’ve been doing so much baking (and actually not keeping any of it!) that I didn’t have it in me to make much but a dip and my Mom’s Cheese Ball to take to the party.

Creamy Clam DipI went on a search. I did food blog search because I would have liked to find a recipe for a clam dip from a fellow blogger but came up pretty short. There are not many out there. I found a few that were baked but I was feeling too lazy to even do that! I didn’t want to have to worry about having to heat something up before the party (too much work)! So, I found a recipe over at allrecipes that I adjusted slightly to my own taste. To top it off, it was a clam dip that I didn’t have to bake and it turned creamy good!

Creamy Clam Dip

Clam Dip in a white bowl with red pepper and green onion top garnish
Yield: 12

Creamy Clam Dip

Creamy and full of flavor, this clam dip makes a festive holiday appetizer, but is great for any gathering.

• 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams, drained with juice reserved
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • dash ground black pepper

1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, minced clams, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
  2. Blend in the reserved clam juice a few drops at a time, until the dip reaches the desired consistency.
  3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Notes

2 tablespoons equals 1 serving

Amount Per Serving Calories 31Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 7mgSodium 125mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 2g

Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.

1. noble pig December 13, 2008 at 4:54 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness, this is the dip my mother always, always ALWAYS made, I love it and it was always the first thing to go!

2. Cristine December 13, 2008 at 6:51 pm - Reply

I don’t eat seafood, but it looks tasty! Nathan would love this!

3. whitecat December 13, 2008 at 9:00 pm - Reply

Clam dip is one of my comfort foods. Mine’s close to this, except I add about 1/2 t (or more) grated horseradish, 1 T of lemon juice, and leave out the pepper sauce. A little added sour cream is nice, too.

4. Jennifer December 13, 2008 at 9:59 pm - Reply

Looks great! I’ve never tried this before…I may have to try it some time 🙂

5. Reeni December 13, 2008 at 11:21 pm - Reply

You have been doing a lot of baking, of some very beautiful goodies! I don’t think I’ve ever had clam dip, this looks quick and easy to make. I bet it had a great flavor after sitting over night.

6. CookiePie December 13, 2008 at 11:38 pm - Reply

Sounds really yummy! I love clams 🙂

7. ~Marielle~ la petite chef!! December 13, 2008 at 11:54 pm - Reply

Hi HoneyB! 🙂

So cool how everyone is always linked together somehow. I’m happy I found your blog too! Looking forward to following you! 🙂

la petite chef

8. Priscilla December 14, 2008 at 1:41 am - Reply

yummy, this looks very good. something my Dad would love.

9. Bunny December 14, 2008 at 2:15 am - Reply

My hubby is sitting next to me,I asked him if he liked clam dip. he’s never had it, neither have I but this looks so good I’m going to try it. Thanks HoneyB

10. Gabe's Girl December 14, 2008 at 2:21 am - Reply

I have not had clam dip in years. You know I have also been doing a lot of baking lately! I think I am so happy that I can do it finally that I am going overboard! I will go back to my roots soon, cooking here I come!

11. Robin Sue December 14, 2008 at 1:59 pm - Reply

Look the clam dip in our house. I usually serve it every Christmas Day. Can’t wait for that day and all the goodies we get to eat!

12. creative one December 14, 2008 at 4:24 pm - Reply

Sounds yummy! I will have to make this sometime for Randy.

13. Dawn December 14, 2008 at 6:33 pm - Reply

I’ve made this exact clam dip long before Martha ever became known. Always a huge hit at office parties. And of course, I eat way too much of it. lol

14. Mari at Once Upon a Plate December 15, 2008 at 1:33 pm - Reply

Yippee! That is the one my mother used to make, too. I think it’s the best one out there. 🙂 Sometimes I add just a little minced green onion/scallion to the mix, but it’s GREAT just plain.

I haven’t made it in quite a while, thanks for the memory jog! ~m.

15. Carolyn Jung December 15, 2008 at 4:29 pm - Reply

Reading this brings back fond memories of when I was a teenager, and my older cousin Terry would whip up clam dip. She’d serve it with those ruffled potato chips, and her hubby would pop open some good wine. Then, we’d all settle in for an evening of watching movies from Blockbuster. Thanks for bringing back those fun memories.

16. Pam December 15, 2008 at 5:29 pm - Reply

I love clam dip. This looks so rich and creamy – my kind of dip.