Chocolate Mint Cream Christmas Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Mint Creams
Yes, for certain, it is cookie season. What would Christmas be without cookies? These are cookies I have made many times during the holiday season. It is a recipe out of a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook I got many years ago titled Cookies for Christmas. I have made many of the recipes from this cookbook and it is a standby book that comes out every year at this time.

Chocolate Mint Creams
I know you are seeing the plate in the photo above a lot – but I really love this plate! So I have to show it to you again with these cookies!

Short and sweet – here is the recipe. Very simple to put together and so very yummy!

Chocolate Mint Cream Christmas Cookie Recipe

Chocolate Mint Creams

• 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 to 3/4 pound pastel cream mint kisses

Stir together flour and baking soda. In a medium saucepan heat and stir brown sugar, butter, and water over low heat till butter is melted. Add chocolate pieces. Heat and stir till chocolate is melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl and let stand for 10 - 15 minutes or til cool.

Beat egg into chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour mixture till well mixed. Dough will be soft. Cover and chill for 1-2 hour or till easy to handle. (If you refrigerate overnight you will need to let dough sit on counter for about 30 minutes).

Shape into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove and immediately top each cookie with a mint. Return to the oven and bake about 2 minutes more or till cookies are done. Swirl the melted mints with a knife to "frost" cookies. Remove and cool til mints are firm. Makes about 48.

Pin It – Chocolate Mint Creams

chocolate mint creams

1. Cristine December 6, 2008 at 9:32 am - Reply

YAY for cookie season! 🙂 Those cookies look fantastic! I love the colors!

And, that IS a cute plate! I use the same plates all the time… I am trying to build my collection! 🙂

2. Meg December 6, 2008 at 12:25 pm - Reply

I love everything about these cookies…the chocolate, the mint, the colors!!! Awesome!

3. Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 12:57 pm - Reply

Shelby, I’m sitting here with the cookbook in my lap open to page 17wondering how I missed this one! Thanks for the reminder. (Your pics are better than BHG) Kathye

4. recipes2share December 6, 2008 at 1:10 pm - Reply

I love the choco-mint theme! delicious.

5. Chocolate Shavings December 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm - Reply

Those cookies look really festive, what a great treat for the holidays!

6. Reeni December 6, 2008 at 2:37 pm - Reply

They look fantastic! I bet they would be good with any flavor of kiss ‘swirled’ on top.

7. Bunny December 6, 2008 at 3:38 pm - Reply

This is perfect for the holidays! I have to ask…where did you get those plates, I love them!

8. Barbara Bakes December 6, 2008 at 3:47 pm - Reply

I’m not familiar with the pastel cream mint kisses. I’ll have to look for them. Mint and chocolate is a perfect combination.

9. Jess December 6, 2008 at 3:52 pm - Reply

These look great – I might have to make a batch later!

10. Patsyk December 6, 2008 at 5:29 pm - Reply

Those are such pretty cookies! I love how much color they would add to any cookie platter.

11. Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 7:35 pm - Reply

Hey Shelby they look really good are we gonna get to try them at work on Monday? Scott

12. Gabe's Girl December 6, 2008 at 8:20 pm - Reply

Thanks for stopping by! Your compliments mean a lot, especially since I see you have an amazing gift and blog!

13. Judy December 7, 2008 at 12:54 am - Reply

These look like delicious cookies, and as you say, simple to make, too. I plan to give them a try this year.

14. HoneyB December 7, 2008 at 1:16 am - Reply

Thanks for all the compliments!

Scott, they won’t be there on Monday because I’m not working until Tuesday afternoon (plus these were cookies I made for a special order.)! Sorry…If you really want some I’ll have to make some special just for the office!

15. noble pig December 7, 2008 at 1:32 am - Reply

They are so cute! I love the colors.

16. Foong December 7, 2008 at 2:27 am - Reply

I’ll bet it tastes phenomenal! Will try this recipe soon.

17. Jacque December 7, 2008 at 5:34 am - Reply

Now THOSE are Christmas cookies! Mmm, and they sound wonderful.

18. shellyfish December 7, 2008 at 9:49 am - Reply

I am just loving all your cookie posts! Normally I make lots of different cookies, but with my foot it’s harder to make (and I can’t exercise, so not good to over consume!). These are beautiful!

19. Jess December 8, 2008 at 7:41 pm - Reply

I did make them, and they are GOOD (if not as attractive as yours)!

20. Megan December 8, 2008 at 11:47 pm - Reply

these sound great and look to cute! i love the mint and chocolate combination!

21. Anonymous December 5, 2009 at 10:14 pm - Reply

My mom used to make these every year and lost the recipe. Couldn't remember where she found it, and I have been looking for it for some time now. I may make these today! Thanks for posting.

22. lapetitepancake December 21, 2010 at 4:46 am - Reply

I just tried these and they were soooooo dreamy! Thanks for the recipe!
    I just posted about it on my blog too. Hope that's ok?

23. Andrew's Mom November 15, 2013 at 4:37 am - Reply

I love that book! Great like looking cookies.

24. Kim Mancuso November 15, 2013 at 12:37 pm - Reply

I have that same cookbook, and made these before, but it was many years ago! They are tasty! I love the combo of chocolate and mint!

25. Miriah October 26, 2019 at 10:36 am - Reply